About the Gimlet Eye Email me! New Orleans posts Home Image Map

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hostess (gift) with the Mostess

I mentioned my awesome baby shower to you Gimleters a while back.  I wanted to tell you wayyy back then about the hostess gifts I selected for my ladeez, but was remiss in sending them to all of the out of town hostesses in a timely manner.  So, I waited until I responsibly mailed them all.   I didn't want to spoil their surprisey fun, of course. 

Here is my suggestion for a fun and affordable hostess gift for your friends and fam.  (Although I would like to spend one million dollars on each gal, unfortunately, I was limited to a more reasonable amount in the $10.00-ish range!)

Who doesn't need a fun, new acrylic key chain?

Now, mind you.  Some of these are a little too "Southern Preppy" for my taste and that of my hosties, including the polka dots on the back of the acrylic plus the curlicue mono, in the pink and green. 

However, the site offers tons of choices...different mono styles and an array of color choices.  You can also avoid putting the polkas on the back of your key chain and opt for just the acrylic with mono.  Better, no?

Behold:

Here is my friend Courtney's key chain in action on her desk at work!

This is my friend Jennifer's key chain in her favorite color, blue. 

Not all of the ones I ordered are in the "coin" monogram style.  For my more traditional friends and fam, I opted for the simple curlicue monos.  For the less traditional, non-mono lovers, I actually just did two of their initials.  Friends that received these guys, post your pics or send them to me in full effect so I can share them with Gimlet Nation.

If you are interested in ordering one of these (or several), I found them at Daisy Mae's.  The shipping and processing was slow so add some lead time to your order.  I was quite pleased with the way they turned out! 

Cheers,

JSH

6 comments:

  1. I love my keychain! It was a great hostess gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I am sporting mine around town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is fully in use and, in addition to being cute, is highly practical. I can now quickly and easily find my keys in my purse, aka the "Black Hole"! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto to Leigh! I have yet to lose my keys. Not to mention the gift is super cute. I get CONSTANT compliments!

    ReplyDelete