About the Gimlet Eye Email me! New Orleans posts Home Image Map

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Are you experienced?

Um, has anyone ever purchased this item?  Let me give you a hint.  It is from a place that starts with a "W" and ends with a "mart." 
I am completely intrigued by the fact that this seemingly cute rug is only $124.00 for the 5 x 8.  That being said, and I am clearly not a design snob (as you hopefully have gathered!), does it smell like chemicals or is it scary scratchy?  I don't even think twice about buying from the Tarj, but Walmart?  Hmmm....

Please review the full link here and issue any opinions you may have, outlining any experiences you may have with Wally World rugs.  I am thinking it could be a good alternative to the $2K Maddy Weinrib that is likely not a good idea for a baby-destructive todder's room!  ;)

Cheers,

JSH




5 comments:

  1. Well, 4 out of the 5 reviews on the Wally website give it the thumbs up, and describe it as "soft and cozy" and " thick and lush". However, reviewer "Icks" from Boston says it "...feels like they shaved some mountain sheep and glued the fluff together." End quote. Who to believe? You can always return it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wallies is good enough for Brittany Brees, it is good enough for The Gimlet! Do they have free shipping? Order it and return if you don't like the feeling of it. Looks great in the picture for the price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE the look! It's in stock at the Wally on Tchoup and the one on the Wank on Manhattan if you don't want to brave the uptown store. Go check it out in person this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased a very similar looking one from Pottery Barn a year ago - it is a beautiful design. It did not smell. The negatives - lots of pulled yarn; everytime it is vacuumed a ton of fuzz comes up; it is starting to have worn places. Overall, if I could afford something better quality for a baby's room I would (it's fine to be in our living room but we don't have a baby crawling around).
    Hope that helps (I'm assuming the one in question would be no better quality)
    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let
    you know a few of the images aren't loading properly.
    I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it
    in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.

    Also visit my blog - Free Dating In Virginia

    ReplyDelete