About the Gimlet Eye Email me! New Orleans posts Home Image Map

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sick of Sticks?

Let me show you the type of sticks I am sick of seeing just arbitrarily thrown on a table or stuffed in a corner in a big dusty vase. 






Now, don't get me wrong.  I understand tall branches sometimes have their place, but I bet you are sick of sticks as well.  Can we all agree that the above pics are lifeless and tired?  Perhaps a bit fug??

In my ongoing quest for alternative options for items that serve the same purpose as good ole branches (drama, space filling, bringing nature inside, you know, the usual...), I have come across these. 



                                                         





They are made of papier mache.  I think they are a nice alternative to branches....they are fuller and certainly more sculptural.  You could do three individual stems in different "species" to create your own unique arrangement.  Just an option to rid yourself of the stick-ness. 

I am only getting started on this.  Courtney and I recently spied some other beautiful contenders, but I have to snap in store pics for you. 

Cheers,

JSH

1 comment:

  1. I like these, but I still like sticks too! Don't be a hata' ;)

    ReplyDelete